Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Anatomy of a Family Portrait - 2

Here are the 'couples only' pictures from our family portrait shoot.  This time around, I am actually behind the camera.  I opted to provide each couple with two shots one in Color and one in B&W.  The Color shots are more quirkier/modern and the B&W are more formal/classic head shots.





I lit these pictures naturally with one big light source to emulate a large window...  I normally light my portraits individually to suit each sitter (matching the light and shadow to their personalities).  But since these pictures were shot as a set, I had to make sure that the lighting matched.  So I took extra care in showing as much individuality in each shot, through my subjects personalities as well as through their body language.  I believe I was able to capture an essence of each couple in all of the pictures.





  -- Shot with a Canon 7D and Canon 24-70mm L f/2.8 lens.

No comments: